[bookport] Re: new unit proposal

  • From: Bruce Toews <dogriver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 16:04:50 -0500 (CDT)

I for one only use software speech at work because I have to. For me, it's the versatility, configurability, predictability and universality of hardware speech all the way.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews
E-mail and MSN/Windows Messenger: dogriver@xxxxxxxx

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, Walt Smith wrote:

As computers have become more powerful, the degree to which software speech
takes resource away from the computer has become virtually nil. Only the
very oldest 300 MHz computers running Windows 98 require hardware
synthesizers any more.