[bookport] Re: new unit proposal

  • From: Bruce Toews <dogriver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 08:40:37 -0500 (CDT)

I guess that's all rather subjective.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews
E-mail and MSN/Windows Messenger: dogriver@xxxxxxxx

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005, peter.rand@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Bruce,
 I know progress is frowned on here, but I think that letting me plug the
 unit in where the facilities exist would be great - you'd then also be
 able to use a cigarette lighter adaptor.

Like you, I would love to see the Book Port have all kinds of improvements. The particular issue here is whether an AC plug would actually represent progress, which has been discussed in some detail in the past. This is the relevant section from the Book Port FAQ: "*Why Doesn't the Book Port Have an AC Adapter?*
Because the battery life is already excellent, and adding AC would add
complexity and cost to the product for very little gain." Peter