[bookport] Re: new unit proposal

  • From: "Jerry Weinger" <jnweinger@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 23:29:17 -0400

Tom and List,
My hope is that the Book Port evolves based upon its ability to read books,
its small size, and its reasonable cost.

Here is why I bought the Book Port

1. I can read a book, in all of the formats, with a device that fits into my
pocket. And I can have 100 more books on hand, in my other pocket. Doing
this with a CD player would require a larger CD player, and a stack of CDs.

2. The Book Port uses inexpensive off the shelf batteries, which I can
replace myself.

3. I had no further expectations for the Book Port; any more than I would
expect a hammer to do the job of a drill.

Sincerely,

Jerry Weinger

  _____