[bookport] Re: new unit proposal

  • From: m.barber@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 14:39:58 +0000

I disagree with the calculator idea.  This is a bookport which is to be used
for reading books.  You can easily buy a reasonably priced talking calculator
or use the calculator program on your computer.  What will be the next request
for this device:  word processing?  Database management?  E-mail capabilities?
Or how about making and receiving phone calls?
Myself, the one improvement I'd like is better synthesized speech.  I'm not
much on DoubleTalk.  I like the Neospeech Kate or Paul, but I am certain this
would increase the cost of this unit considerably.
MichaelBB