[bookport] Re: Introduction

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 09:09:44 -0400

Hi:

Although we appreciate your assistance here, please don't post this information
to the list, as it is not necessary.  I am also on the list and will be capable
of responding when necessary.  Anyone who needs repair info should always call
first.  Mostly, this will cut down on list trafic.

Thank you.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> chase.crispin@xxxxxxxxx 04/19/08 04:10PM >>>
Hi:
If you are going to send your unit in to APH, you first need to contact
Pamela Rader and tell her that you will be sending it in, and why.  You can
e-mail her at:
prader@xxxxxxx
or call her at:
1-800-223-1839
ext:
307
Next, you will want to mail your unit to:
Repair Department
American Printing House for the Blind
1839 Frankford Ave
Louisville, KY
40206
USA
You need to send your unit, with a note in the box stating your real name,
your address, your phone number, and what problems you are having.  You
should probably send it in the box that you got it in, if you have it.  As
far as shipment methods are concerned, it is entirely up to the user to send
it.  You should probably send it ground UPS, because APH is not responsible
for it if it gets lost in the mail.  So, you should probably ensure it when
you send it.  When you ensure it, if it gets lost, the post office gets you
a new one (which won't happen since BP isn't being made anymore), or give
you enough money to buy a new one (or buy something else).  You can send it
express, but it will caust you more money.  It will take approximately 3-4
weeks for completion, so you will be with out the BP for around a month.
You might also want to take your CF card out before shipment, because they
are so sensitive, your data would probably be lost.  Or, keep the card in
there, but create a back up of your card on your PC.  If you don't know how
to do that, let me know.
Note:  For the address on the box, be sure to put American Printing House
for the Blind, even though it is known as APH.

Chase Crispin
Administrator and moderator of the Blind Mobile Tech (BMT) blog, and soon to
be website!
Blog:
http://blindmobiletech.blogspot.com/
 APH training video feed:
http://www.youtube.com/BraillePlus/
Note:  Most RSS readers and Podcatchers don't support this type of feed.
You can try, however, you just might have to open the page in Internet
Explorer and see what happens.
 e-mail:
chase.crispin@xxxxxxxxx