[bookport] Re: Introduction

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 09:19:40 -0500

I think we often get caught up in the "us versus them" mentality. Since I own both the Victor Reader Stream and the Bookport, I can honestly say they compliment each other. The Bookport doesn't read Digital Talkingbooks, but when it comes to txt and BRF files, I like Paul. The BP reads them very well. The Stream plays Digital Talkingbooks very well, but the synthesized voices will take getting used to if I choose to listen to them. Since I have the Bookport, I have a choice. The BP is a notetaker, and it has a clock. But its recording quality is lousy. The Stream is simply a player. It doesn't have a clock. But the recording quality is good. The Victor Reader Stream uses a rechargeable battery, but while it is charging, I can listen to the Bookport. Now... if you also own the Icon or the Braille Plus... then you have even more choices. I say, good for you! At the moment, I have books coming out of my ears, so to speak. I have so many choices as to what to read, I am like a termite running around in a yo-yo, and I'm loving it! Just 10 short years ago, this technology wasn't available to us! I am grateful!

At 08:51 PM 4/7/2008 -0500, you wrote:
2.3 is the latest version of firmware.
On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 21:12:36 -0400, Andy wrote:

>Darn! Well, at least v2.1 is ok.

Sandy Licht
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity.