[bookport] Re: Introduction

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 13:06:40 -0500

Agree 100 percent. I deliberately put some text files on the Stream, just so I could get used to the voice. Funny... I didn't have to do that with the Bookport. When I bought the Bookport, true enough, I didn't have the choices I do now, but I could have chosen to read my texts on the PC using eloquence.

I have had my BP for over 3 years. The keys do stick a bit, and the mic jack has a bit of static if I'm not careful with it, but it still works well.

I have both devices. The Stream does read NLS books, the Bookport does not. However, I am one of the rare individuals who loves Doubletalk speech, so when it comes to text files, I still prefer the Bookport. Mine is five years old, I dropped it once, spilled a small amount of coffee on it once, and although the keys stick a bit it is still going strong. One of the best investments in entertainment I ever made.