[blindcooks] Re: A near perfect dinner and day as well

  • From: Jacob Kruger <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2017 13:31:15 +0200

John, I also meant to ask how you handle the glazing part of the process, or does it just count as coating the cooked veggies with said sauce?

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"Resistance is futile, but, acceptance is versatile..."

On 2017-06-05 13:16, Jonathan Rawlings wrote:

Penny:
The honey and soy sauce glaze I made for the asparagus is one I have used before on pork chops, and works well whether you're making them in the skillet or on the grill. I only used about a quarter cup soy sauce with about a tablespoon of honey, then added in a good pinch of black pepper and a pinch of red pepper flakes just to give it a touch of heat. I often saute the steamed vegies in some butter and finish with a touch of lemon zest and some fresh herbs, but I didn't want to do that with the vegies last night because those flavors are so similar to what is already in the chicken dish.
  Jon

----- Original Message ----- From: "Penny" <pengold2@xxxxxxxxx>
On 2017-06-05 04:51, Jonathan Rawlings wrote:

Hi everyone.
So the other day, Jacob was feeling pretty good about his yummy curry. Today, it's time for me to puff out my chest a little with what landed on our dinner plates tonight. One of Emily's favorite dishes I make is chicken Picata. I have been trying to perfect it for some time, but each time, something about it isjust not quite right. Tonight, I nailed it! We like ours with a whole lot of lemon and capers, and we usually serve it along side some steamed white rice and a simple vegetable. Tonight, that vegetable was asparagus with a honey soy glaze. The last few weeks have been hard on me as the baby is on a messed-up sleep schedule during the day, and I'm at a loss as to what to do. But today, the sun finally peaked out, and I got both a nap and turned out an outstanding version of Emily's favorite dish. Even both girls are having a very good day. I even have fudge blocks in the fridge for later. Anyway, I just had to share.
   Jon