[blindcooks] Re: A near perfect dinner and day as well

  • From: "Jonathan Rawlings" <twosocks76@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2017 04:16:30 -0700

Penny:
The honey and soy sauce glaze I made for the asparagus is one I have used before on pork chops, and works well whether you're making them in the skillet or on the grill. I only used about a quarter cup soy sauce with about a tablespoon of honey, then added in a good pinch of black pepper and a pinch of red pepper flakes just to give it a touch of heat. I often saute the steamed vegies in some butter and finish with a touch of lemon zest and some fresh herbs, but I didn't want to do that with the vegies last night because those flavors are so similar to what is already in the chicken dish.
  Jon

----- Original Message ----- From: "Penny" <pengold2@xxxxxxxxx>
On 2017-06-05 04:51, Jonathan Rawlings wrote:

Hi everyone.
So the other day, Jacob was feeling pretty good about his yummy curry. Today, it's time for me to puff out my chest a little with what landed on our dinner plates tonight. One of Emily's favorite dishes I make is chicken Picata. I have been trying to perfect it for some time, but each time, something about it isjust not quite right. Tonight, I nailed it! We like ours with a whole lot of lemon and capers, and we usually serve it along side some steamed white rice and a simple vegetable. Tonight, that vegetable was asparagus with a honey soy glaze. The last few weeks have been hard on me as the baby is on a messed-up sleep schedule during the day, and I'm at a loss as to what to do. But today, the sun finally peaked out, and I got both a nap and turned out an outstanding version of Emily's favorite dish. Even both girls are having a very good day. I even have fudge blocks in the fridge for later. Anyway, I just had to share.
   Jon