[blindcooks] Re: A near perfect dinner and day as well

  • From: Jacob Kruger <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2017 07:47:51 +0200

John, sounds good, and, the mention of the honey glaze on the asparagus also gives me ideas...<smile>

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"Resistance is futile, but, acceptance is versatile..."

On 2017-06-05 04:51, Jonathan Rawlings wrote:

Hi everyone.
So the other day, Jacob was feeling pretty good about his yummy curry. Today, it's time for me to puff out my chest a little with what landed on our dinner plates tonight. One of Emily's favorite dishes I make is chicken Picata. I have been trying to perfect it for some time, but each time, something about it isjust not quite right. Tonight, I nailed it! We like ours with a whole lot of lemon and capers, and we usually serve it along side some steamed white rice and a simple vegetable. Tonight, that vegetable was asparagus with a honey soy glaze. The last few weeks have been hard on me as the baby is on a messed-up sleep schedule during the day, and I'm at a loss as to what to do. But today, the sun finally peaked out, and I got both a nap and turned out an outstanding version of Emily's favorite dish. Even both girls are having a very good day. I even have fudge blocks in the fridge for later. Anyway, I just had to share.
   Jon