[blind-democracy] This sounds like Mostafa.

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "rogerbailey81" for DMARC)
  • To: blind-democracy <blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2019 20:30:13 -0400

I just had to tell you guys about this. This sounds exactly like something Mostafa would say. There is a Facebook discussion group on the subject of science that I subscribe to. It is open to all, but I would expect that people who would subscribe would have some interest in science and so would have some kind of knowledge of science even if only rudimentary. Apparently that is not the case. Someone just showed up and said that we all know that combustion requires the presence of oxygen, so is there oxygen in the sun to make combustion take place there? Some others started to give answers explaining that chemical combustion takes place in the presence of oxygen, but that what is happening in the sun is nuclear fusion. Personally, it seems to me that if a person could seriously ask that question then it is unlikely that he would understand such answers. I would not be surprised if he did not even know what nuclear fusion is. I did not even bother to try to answer him. With someone like that the only way to give a good answer would be to go back to elementary science class and teach him that and to continue to teach him until he finally reached a point that he could understand. This is exactly how I feel when Mostafa asks questions like, if we descended from monkeys then why are there still monkeys? How can you give a meaningful answer to someone that ignorant? It is exasperating. It is also similar to another one I saw once. I don't know if this was supposed to be a joke, but if it wasn't it is about just as exasperating. Someone from Nigeria once asked, if the Earth really rotates then why am I still in Nigeria?

--

---

Voltaire
??? Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
???
???  Voltaire,