[bksvol-discuss] Re: still waiting for an answer regarding paragraphs

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <hart0421@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 15:23:35 -0500

Hi Pam,
What are you using to check the paragraphing in the brf files? I should
remember, but unfortunately I don't. If you're using a BN, have you tried
saying yes to review options, and then setting line format instead of
paragraph? Sometimes the linebreaks don't display correctly in paragraph
mode depending on how they're done. Other notetakers or braille displays may
have similar settings for controlling this. I have read a lot of Bookshare
books on my BN, and I don't think I've noticed many without paragraph
breaks--usually represented by a single linebreak. I'm not very picky about
formatting in general, but I think I would notice and be driven nuts by a
total lack of paragraphing. <grin> Recently I validated an rtf file which
had no paragraphing, and I don't understand how that happened. I used
Kurzweil to validate the book, and I did play with the setting for
respecting/ignoring original line endings just in case, but it didn't help.
I was able to paragraph the dialogue using the rules of how that should be
done, but I couldn't do anything about most of the book because I couldn't
know where the author had put the new paragraphs.
Kellie