[bksvol-discuss] Re: should validators be required to read through the whole book?

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 19:45:09 -0700 (PDT)

I don't know how many sighted people are validating.
Carrie does some, I know, and there's me. I've asked,
just for interest's sake, but it seems to me that
Carrie and I are the only sighted people on this list,
and I don't know how many sighted volunteers there are
off list.

I, and I think Carrie, too, read everything
carefully--well, almost everything. I will admit that
I lost patience with  Medieval Italy and with
Archaelogy of the Land of the  Bible, and just checked
the pagination and skimmed the pages, correcting what
my eyes noticed. There was one novel I started to do
treat the same way, but I got somewhat interested and
went back and validated it carefully.

I personally think it's more important for sighted
volunteers to read carefully and correct as they go,
because there are errors that K1000  ranked spelling
won't catch, like workds missing from sentences,
homonyms, etc.

Cindy R