[bksvol-discuss] Re: feedback on how to protect headings such as chapter titles and short story titles

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 00:13:26 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Lissi,

Thanks for your informative post. From your checking I
gather that it's not necessary to write an extra word
to save the chapter as long as the page number is at
the top. Useful info. And I had no idea that the
skipped lines before a chapter title would slow down
braille readers. I'll stop doing that. And I suppose I
might as well stop centering chapter titles and leave
them flush left.

As a sighted person, I never notice page numbers when
I read, whether they are at the top or the bottom,
unless I don't have a decent bookmark and want to
remember where I left off reading. Of course if I were
writing a paper on a book I'd need to cite the pages,
possibly.

Cindy