[bksvol-discuss] Re: feedback on how to protect headings such as chapter titles and short story titles

  • From: Jamie Yates <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 17:23:43 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Kellie. I did not think that extra blank lines protected chapter
headings, but I saw someone say he was putting six blank lines above the
chapter headings because that protected them, and also because he guessed that
chapters started six lines down from where a regular page started.

  I didn't mean to start a ruckus about what we already know. I just thought
that there was a different way of doing things that worked, and if so, I wanted
to know. But if in fact that the six blank lines didn't work, I thought it was
equally important to let the other volunteer know. Since a few days went by and
no one said anything to the person who said he was using 6 blank lines, I
assumed it must be true, or else surely someone would have told him that wasn't
going to protect chapter headings.

Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading - Just Desserts (a Savannah Reid mystery) by G A McKevett