[bksvol-discuss] Re: bookbooks

  • From: Melissa Smith <mdsmith25@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 15:57:41 -0600

Jamie, I'm doing BakeWise, and it is formatted pretty much the same way. I'm not sure what OCR software you're using, but I have column identification turned on, and it seems to be working pretty well. I'll probably have to reorganize the ingredient lists, but other than that, it appears from my spot checks that things are going pretty well. There are a few places that have some, I guess they're called sidebars, where certain things in the text are reiterated in a separate box off to the side. Does she have these in CookWise as well? How are you handling those?

Thanks,

Melissa

Jamie Yates, CPhT wrote:
Kim I don't leave the columns in the rtf file. I move them so they are in the right order and make sense. CookWise has multiple columns per page like the directions at the top have two columns, then the ingredients have two columns, then the directions under them have two columns. That's part of what makes it slow going but I do only have 91 pages to go!

--
Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading: Years of Wonder: A Novel of the Plague by Geraldine Brooks See everything I've read this year at: www.michrxtech.com/books.html <http://www.michrxtech.com/books.html>