[bksvol-discuss] Re: Public domain

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 10:30:59 -0600

I do know what public domain books are.  To me there is a difference between
unethical and illegal and yet another difference in what page wants done
with the books they have done and what I think should be done with them.  My
point was only to acknowledge the source of the books just as we are
acknowledged as submitters of what we scan.  Book share staff working on
adding those books would still take time away from the more important work
of adding books that can not be obtained from any other source, and as I'm
sure you know, it is unacceptable for bookshare members to submit those
books as if they were their own. Anyone capable of using the bookshare site
should be capable of finding and obtaining the public domain books they want
from the existing online collections.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity/