[bksvol-discuss] Re: Public domain

  • From: Tony Baechler <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 01:01:59 -0800

Hi. I looked at pgdp.net and found the "see more" links you mentioned. No, I don't think it locked up your computer. You just need to have lots of patience. It is loading a list of over 6,000 titles. That is a very huge page. Can you use .zip files? Do you know how to open zip files and read plain text? I suggest that you get the GUTINDEX.zip from the Project Gutenberg site and browse through it. You will have a much easier time reading it and it won't take so long to load. Otherwise, just wait a long time. If you are on dial-up especially, I could see how you would think that your computer is locked up, but it isn't really. Click on this link to get the zip file, or write me privately off list and I'll attach it to email. If you are specifically only interested in the titles proofread by PGDP, let me know and I'll just send you that page. I hope this is more helpful for you.

http://www.gutenberg.org/dirs/GUTINDEX.zip

Note that gutenberg.org is down right now so if the above link doesn't work, try later. Usually outages are temporary. As always, ask if you have any more problems or questions.