[bksvol-discuss] Re: New 3 hold maximum in check out queue

  • From: "Tracy Carcione" <carcione@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 09:04:29 -0400

I agree with everything Reggie said.
And expecting volunteers to wade through all the traffic on this list just
to find a book--well, that's just not going to happen.  Many times I've
been tempted to unsubscribe, just to cut down on my inbox.
And I enjoy playing the field.  I've gotten many books I might not have
thought of, and learned from them. I enjoy trying new things.  But the
leftover Christian stuff on the held Q is just too far outside my
interests.

I've just re-made a partnership with a person who enjoys scanning, but
gave up when all the PQ books came in.  We'll be working on an author we
both enjoy.  When we're done with him, I expect my partner will disappear
back into the woods and I'll go back to the depressing list of hold fors.
I still think cutting down on the hold fors is a good idea.  Every
community seems to develop cliques if folks aren't careful, and Bookshare
is no exception.
Tracy