[bksvol-discuss] Re: New 3 hold maximum in check out queue

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 22:33:07 -0500

Unfortunately, that just doesn't work for the reasons Doug and Valerie both laid out. There are many times when there are more than five books at a time that people have asked me to work on that suddenly are ready for proofing at once, so I can't check them all out. Some or maybe several have to sit and wait.

I am thrilled that we have an influx of volunteers--that's terrific. But the new policy is solving the wrong problem.

Besides, if someone gave me a gnarly book to proofread when I was a new volunteer, by taking a hold off of one that was being held for an experienced volunteer just to make sure I had something to do, I would have been so overwhelmed that I would have run screaming out of here, never come back and ended up never having the chance to learn how to become an experienced volunteer.

Judy s.
On 7/24/2012 10:19 PM, Cindy wrote:
One solution is for people like me and others who have posted is  for us to
check out the books that are on Hold for us and then keep renewing them while
we're working on them.  That way the other books will be available for other
volunteers. Just please, please, do not limit the number of times we can renew
or change the number of books we can have in our proofing piles.