[bksvol-discuss] Re: New 3 hold maximum in check out queue

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 17:21:06 -0700 (PDT)

Madeleine, Alisa, Mayrie, et al;

A blanket decision like this is very, very unfair.  We have invested hundreds
even thousands of dollars in collecting rare or out of print series that we
have
a vested interest in reading and we (Doug and I) only read what we scan or
proof.  I have no control over when a partner has time to scan, how long it may
take me to get a physical copy (I alwlays proof from print) or access to a book
from Interlibrary Loan, so I might not have  a hold for a month and then have
two or three people we work with suddenly submit a dozen books without me being
aware in advance.

If I cannot work on the books I buy and often ship at my expense, I will be
forced to not work on any tough project requests, cookbooks, be "eyes" via
Amazon and procuring books for others and other contract projects.  I have
tried
to be a good community member, but I cannot afford to swallow my investments on
our fixed income and not have to time read when I would rather be scanning or
proofreading the books we have purchased.
 Valerie, very frustrated indeed