[bksvol-discuss] Re: New 3 hold maximum in check out queue

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 20:02:06 -0500

All excellent points, Valerie!

Judy s.
On 7/24/2012 7:21 PM, Valerie Maples wrote:
Madeleine, Alisa, Mayrie, et al;

A blanket decision like this is very, very unfair. We have invested hundreds to even thousands of dollars in collecting rare or out of print series that we have a vested interest in reading and we (Doug and I) only read what we scan or proof. I have no control over when a partner has time to scan, how long it may take me to get a physical copy (I alwlays proof from print) or access to a book from Interlibrary Loan, so I might not have a hold for a month and then have two or three people we work with suddenly submit a dozen books without me being aware in advance. If I cannot work on the books I buy and often ship at my expense, I will be forced to not work on any tough project requests, cookbooks, be "eyes" via Amazon and procuring books for others and other contract projects. I have tried to be a good community member, but I cannot afford to swallow my investments on our fixed income and not have to time read when I would rather be scanning or proofreading the books we have purchased.
Valerie, very frustrated indeed