[bksvol-discuss] New 3 hold maximum in check out queue

  • From: Madeleine Linares <Madeleinel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 23:26:49 +0000

Hi Volunteers,

We are really excited because we have seen an increase in new volunteers! Due
to feedback from them, we are reducing the number of holds a volunteer can have
in the checkout queue at one time. Each volunteer may now have a maximum of
three holds at a time. We are reducing the number of allowable holds for two
reasons:  First and foremost is to share the wealth! We want new volunteers to
be able to choose from a number of books that might interest them to keep them
engaged while they're still learning the ropes. Secondly, we hope that reducing
the number of holds and freeing up books in the checkout queue will reduce
"poaching."

Volunteers will have until Aug. 15 to finish up the holds already existing for
them, and after Aug. 15 I will be checking the Check Out Queue daily and
removing extra holds at random.

Thank you all for understanding and, as always, for your hard work!

Best,

The Bookshare Volunteer Dept.