[bksvol-discuss] Re: ISBNnumbers

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 19:00:42 -0700 (PDT)

My print book has both numbers; unlike most books I've seen it doesn't
hardbound or library copy, but I guess the "paper" must be the hardcover one,
so that's the ISBN number I'll use when I upload.
Thanks, Mayrie

TinyURL.com/752cyrs

>________________________________

your book to the approval queue, you use the ISBN that applies to the exact
book
that you are proofreading.  I suspect that the ISBN that  you want is
the one for the hardcover, not the cloth.  First, how many people are
likely to be able to scan a clothbound book, which I assume are less commonly
found in libraries, but more likely, when two isbn's are listed, it is most
common that the second applies to the edition in which the numbers both
appear.

>Does that make any sense?
>
>In short, please use the hardcover ISBN, unless you have a
concrete reason to believe that the cloth edition is the one that was
scanned.

>Which matches your print copy?  Does knowing that help
you?

>Mayrie

ISBNnumbers

>Darn  my memory. If my book has 2 ISBN numbers, one for cloth
and one for paper (which I assume is the hard-cover book I have) should I
put  only the  one for the one I think I have? Or should I just not
put ISBN number, or should I do both? (A Actually, I don't think  I've seen
this before in the print book I've used for proofing, so maybe it isn't my
memory at fault