[bksvol-discuss] Re: ISBNnumbers

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 17:11:18 -0700

HI Cindy,

When filling out the form on the Bookshare web site to upload your book to
the approval queue, you use the ISBN that applies to the exact book that you
are proofreading.  I suspect that the ISBN that  you want is the one for the
hardcover, not the cloth.  First, how many people are likely to be able to
scan a clothbound book, which I assume are less commonly found in libraries,
but more likely, when two isbn's are listed, it is most common that the
second applies to the edition in which the numbers both appear.

Does that make any sense?

In short, please use the hardcover ISBN, unless you have a concrete reason
to believe that the cloth edition is the one that was scanned.

Which matches your print copy?  Does knowing that help you?

Mayrie

  _____