[bksvol-discuss] Re: ISBNnumbers

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 21:22:37 -0400

Because of our little bookstore, Lissi and I check ISBNs on Amazon a lot to
find out how much a book is going for to see if it is worth listing. We always
go directly to the Books department, and we always put in the number beginning
with the 0 or 1. It also doesn't seem to matter whether the number includes
hyphens or not. Sometimes I just copy the number directly from a book I've
scanned, which often includes hyphens, and it doesn't seem to make any
difference to the result. In every case that I've personally checked, and there
have been a few dozen at least, only one result comes up.

Evan

      From: Mayrie ReNae
      <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>