[bksvol-discuss] Re: ISBNnumbers

  • From: misha <mishatronics@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 23:09:21 -0700

I like Roger's idea to do a search on Amazon and see how each is described. Actually, I think cloth refers to hardcover and paper refers to paperback. In the dimness of time the cardboard covers of hardcover books were coated with cloth to help them last longer (and before that it was leather). Paper, I think is short for paperback. I've seen books with both ISBNs and haven't a clue why the publishers would do it that way.

Misha

On 3/18/2012 10:44 PM, Cindy wrote:
Thanks,Roger
Cindy