[bksvol-discuss] Re: Hold for how long?

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 14:49:00 EDT

Last month when I had my hard drive crash I managed to contact Cindy from a
public library computer in order to save the work I had done  validating a
book that I was almost finished with. I was fortunate to get a ride to and
sighted help with the library computer. If I had not would it have been noticed

that a book I had been working on for a long time suddenly turned up on step 1?
 It would have done no good to have asked anyone on the list about what had
happened to me because no one on the list would have known. Also, my health is
 precarious and even though I do not expect any health crisis in the near
future  it could very well happen and in the long term it is virtually certain.
If that  did happen it would do no good at all to ask anyone on the list about
what  happened to me because no one would know. Then how about the lurkers?
That is,  those who read the list regularly and never post, but may be busily
validating?  Who would even notice that they were no longer with us? Then there
are the  volunteers who are not even subscribed to the list like one who
recently  announced that she was unsubscribing because the traffic was too
heavy.
They are  still busy validating and may ask for a hold from a submitter
privately. I don't  think everyone involved with Bookshare knows each other as
well
as you think. In  a message dated 9/11/2008 2:00:57 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
 thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

You read  our posts. If somebody wants to know about a particular
person or  particular book please ask on list. Cindy often says she is
having trouble  reaching such and such a person and then learns what
is going on from  another list member.

E.

To unsubscribe from this list send a  blank Email to
bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
put the word  'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line.  To get a list of
available  commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the subject  line.