[bksvol-discuss] Re: Hold for how long?

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 17:24:23 EDT

It is not harsh. Someone else said that I was making a mountain out of a
molehill and that is not harsh either. However, I do think that I may have
given
the impression that I am more concerned with this issue than I really am. I
have  only been expressing my thoughts as they occur as I read these posts. It
is not  really that big a deal to me and I am especially made to understand
the low  priority this matter should have when it was pointed out to me that we
are  talking about a rare and unlikely event. In a message dated 9/11/2008
5:17:30  P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Hi  Roger,

As it stands, all one need do is write to Pavi and  ask her to
contact the validator whose name is listed on the book and  consult them on
their position about the book.  She'd find out quickly  enough if someone
were no longer reachable.  This is not, in my  opinion, something that needs
attention at this time, when there are other  things that really do need
fixing.  Sorry if that seems harsh.  I  don't mean it that way.  It just
isn't that hard to find out what's  going on about books with holds on them,
as staff is very willing to help  us communicate with the designated
validators.

I really don't mean  to be crabby here.  I'm just not saying things as
diplomatically as I  generally can.  And staff really is willing to help us
with stuff like  this.

Mayrie