[bksvol-discuss] Re: Hold for how long?

  • From: "solsticesinger" <solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 09:22:46 -0500

I think it depends on the book and the person, as well as the reason it's
being held.

For example, we have very few sighted vollunteers on the list. So, books are
held for them for various reasons, and, since we're only allowed to have
five books out at a time, there can be a bit of a back-log.

Under other circumstances, I'm thinkint that a couple of months is really
too long. Perhaps, if you let the list know which books you're looking at,
the submitter or person the book is being held for, can give you some
insight.

Shannon
Who can heal, but one who has healed herself?
Who can know, but one who has asked and sought?
Who can lead, but one who has traveled the way?
--ancient French proverb