[bksvol-discuss] Re: Hold for how long?

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 07:47:13 -0700

HI Tracy,

        Sometimes the hold for is for a specific person for a specific
reason.  Perhaps the book needs someone with vision to deal with issues in
it, or perhaps the specified validator has knowledge of foreign languages in
the book, or expertise in an area covered in a book that uses a lot of
jargon.

        If there is a specific book that you are interested in, you can
write to Pavi and ask her to contact the specified validator and ask if that
person is   aware that the hold exists for them and has been waiting, or if
that specified validator would be willing to allow someone else to validate
the book.

 Just some ideas.

Mayrie