[bksvol-discuss] Re: Fwd: Fw: If a blind person gained sight, could they recognize objects previously touched?

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 18:25:54 -0400

I guess this sounds a little weird, but I'm not sure I'd want to see if I had the chance. I've never had sight and was born with no optic nerves. My parents used to tell me that one day science would make me able to see. No one has asked whether I'd choose it if I could. I think they assumed that I'd jump at the chance. I'm honestly not sure and would feel more fear than excitement over it. I might like reading or being able to walk without a cane or guide dog. That would take a lot of work though if it could even be done. The thought of new input in my head that I couldn't turn off makes me feel queasy.

Monica
Visit my blog at: http://plumlipstick.livejournal.com