[bksvol-discuss] Re: Fwd: Fw: If a blind person gained sight, could they recognize objects previously touched?

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <hart0421@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 18:45:13 -0500

I've always said that I would be interested in something that would give me
enough sight to at least read print and/or drive. Any less than that would
probably cause more complications than it's worth to me. I've been totally
blind since birth due to something of unknown origin being wrong with my
retinas and optic nerves. If I had the opportunity to become fully sighted I
would be eager to take it, but seeing blurs and wavering blobs etc doesn't
appeal to me and I don't feel like it would enhance my life much. My
attitude toward vision is pretty unemotional since I've never been able to
see and therefore don't know what I'm missing. Oddly enough though, I do
wish I could understand art. This is because my stepfather and one of my
very close friends are both graphic artists, and I would love to be able to
see and evaluate their work. As it is, I have to take other people's word
for it that they're both pretty talented. <grin>
Kellie