[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question re caps

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 15:29:57 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, I, at least, am telling you that, though the word
woldn't be split unless it was hyphenated. I've had
books where the first two or three words are
capitalized and the rest of the first line is not. to
use your example, THIS IS A SAMPLE sentence from the
first line.

In the book I've validating now, the whol first line
was capitalized except, as Gerald mentioned, the last
word of the line was hyphenated, so the first two
sentences of the chapter read
"THE ENVELOPE HELD A SINGLE BLACK-AND-WHITE PRINT.
PIC-
tured was a supine skeleton, skull twisted, jaw agape
in a frozen"

I'm talking about the book itself, not the scan,
although that was the same thing. Also, in a lot of
books, the first letter of the first sentence is
larger. I've been not making them larger, but I
could,if people want me to be that faithful to the
book.

Cindy