[bksvol-discuss] Re: Conventions

  • From: "Merrill Louise" <STARBASEWILDGOOSE@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 20:15:01 -0400

If I moved the text to keep it together, page breaks would become irrelevant.
Text from pages 1 and 2 would appear on page 1 and text on page 1 would be
moved to page 2.

In another book I am scanning slowly, I have the same problem. There's the text
and in side bars and in the body, there are journal entries from five or six
different people. You'll be reading the body text, come across a partial
journal entry, go back to the text, come upon another partial journal entry,
maybe go back to the text, maybe go back to the previous journal entry or go
onto a third journal entry. I tried just moving the journal entries to the end
of the chapter. I can kind of match up the pieces, but in the first chapter, I
ended up with a paragraph that I don't know to whom it belongs! It's an
oversized book, too and I really wish it wasn't laid out this way because it is
interesting, both the text and the journal entries. They don't, by the way,
closely correlate with one another. The preface says you can read the text,
read the journals, read them together, read one first and then the other or the
other way round so which page they appear on is not important. If I were to
finish this book, put it into decent shape and upload it, you would end up with
journal entries on unnumbered pages at the end of each chapter and some of the
chapter pages would be blank because no body text appears on them.

Merrill Louise, Pastor
The Judson Fellowship
Jamestown, New York
cell/office 716.969.2840
"With all my heart   I praise the Lord, and I am glad because of God my Savior.
(Luke 1:46-47)