[bksvol-discuss] Conventions

  • From: "Merrill Louise" <STARBASEWILDGOOSE@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 14:29:38 -0400

I'm scanning a book  for a class which I hope will end up on bookshare when I'm
done. It makes great use of bullets which turn up as zeros or other strange
scanner interpretations. My question is: what should they be replaced with or
not replaced at all?

Secondly, this book has handouts -- the kind that are supposed to be
photocopied for a class. I would think I would just present the text for the
print disabled user and not worry if they could be recreated as handouts for
sighted people. You could buy the print book for that purpose. It's still in
print.

Oh yes, and the book is big and has to be scanned one page at a time. Yuck!
Merrill Louise, Pastor
The Judson Fellowship
Jamestown, New York
cell/office 716.969.2840
"With all my heart   I praise the Lord, and I am glad because of God my Savior.
(Luke 1:46-47)