[bksvol-discuss] Re: Conventions

  • From: "Merrill Louise" <STARBASEWILDGOOSE@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 16:50:42 -0400

The bullets are used in lists of instructions so I'm replacing them with
asterisks--at least for now.

I've run into another formatting question though:

The book is formatted in three columns per page. It begins with background
information. So far, so good. Somewhere in the third column there's a box that
starts the instructions. Turn to page 2. The background information continues
and when it's done, the instructions continue. If I clump the background
material together, I've violated page breaks. Likewise with the instructions. I
personally find it disquieting when I break off in the middle of a sentence to
find different material and then the thought is picked up several paragraphs
later. I suppose I could put (continued on page 2) or whatever the correct page
number is, but that's an insertion in the text and not part of the text.
Opinions? Suggestions?
Merrill Louise, Pastor
The Judson Fellowship
Jamestown, New York
cell/office 716.969.2840
"With all my heart   I praise the Lord, and I am glad because of God my Savior.
(Luke 1:46-47)