[bksvol-discuss] Re: Conventions

  • From: "Merrill Louise" <STARBASEWILDGOOSE@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 12:00:29 -0400

I think your idea has potential--passing the buck when it comes to difficult
books for scanners, but what I am after is how to conceptualize the project.
If [continued on next page] will take care of the problem, if identifying a
symbol to use for bullets in a braille document will work, I can deal with
that. It's the visual complexity of a page that is defeating me. Someone
would have to decide, if the book was recorded linearly, what to do, too --
journal entries are at the end of each chapter -- journal entries are on a
separate tape -- or I guess links to the person's name so you can decide
when to read their entries, but we are dealing with a linear presentation
at this point and a limited spoken or braille "view" of the material.

And, as you say, I don't have unlimited time, but I think sharing good
material is worthwhile.

Merrill Louise, Pastor
The Judson Fellowship
Jamestown, New York
cell/office 716.969.2840
"With all my heart   I praise the Lord, and I am glad because of God my
Savior. (Luke 1:46-47)