[bksvol-discuss] Re: Conventions

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 10:57:31 -0700 (PDT)

Although I did mention both books, it was really the
second book, Merrill, that you described that seemed
to me to have more complex and difficult-to-resolve
problems. I think you've solved the problems for book
#1.  Good luck with book #2. I think your idea of
putting together the various parts, i.e.,  text,
journal references, et al, is the most logical and
readable -- but whether or not, technically, you'd
need the copyright holder's permission is what I don't
know and why I suggested passing the buck. On the
other hand, not everything is copyrighted; is it
possible that this is not? Then you wouldn't have to
worry.

About bullets -- I don't know anything about Braille
writers or the programs it has. On my Mac keyboard, by
experimenting once with all the keys and the option
key I found that Option and the numeral 8 gave a
bullet (I found allkinds of things and printed the
list). Also,  in Word, in the Format file, is Bullets
and Numbering. I don't know if either is on your
braille machine.

I'm having the opposite problem. In the latest two
books I'm validating bullets show up when I do
something with the chapter heading or subheading and I
can't get rid of them without changing what I want to
do with the line.

http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush