[bksvol-discuss] Re: Blank lines and page numbers

  • From: "Dornetta" <dornetta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 14:21:14 -0400

Hey everyone:
I didn't want to weigh-in on this discussion since I have not had one year
of proofreading under my belt yet (my anniversary will be in April-YEA!
*smile*)  but as this thread went on, I kept trying to think where about I
saw the blank line before and after the page numbers "must-do" at. As far
back as April 2012, I was told that blank lines must be preserved before and
after the page numbers as well as in the other important places (I won't go
into that). So, of the 10-12 books I have proofed, I preserved blank lines
in that position. When asked, I was told so that the conversion tool will
recognize the page numbers and not add them into the line of the text. As a
reader of the books on Bookshare, it is quite distracting to read a book and
then in the middle of the sentence have a "unwanted" number read or possibly
have that number split and have the numbers randomly throughout the next
line of text (which I have seen in my very early days of reading Bookshare
books). Anyway, like Ann said, it is indeed in the first manual I read.
*smile*
Just a pennies-worth