[bksvol-discuss] Re: Blank lines and page numbers

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 15:36:27 -0400

#
Uh, when did that change? From the beginning of my volunteering I recall being told that a blank line must appear before the page number to keep the converter from stripping out that page number. I was also told that a blank line needed to be placed after the page number and I was not quite clear on why that was until relatively recently when an old timer on this list explained that it was to help the converter find the page number. Every time the subject has come up on this list since I first subscribed the conclusion has been consistent with what I just explained. Did something change and it slipped by me?
On 3/19/2013 2:03 PM, Madeleine Linares wrote:

Hi everyone,

Sorry for my delayed response to these questions. I do get each email individually, but, as you may imagine, when you combine the discussion list with my other emails, it's a lot of volume!

Page numbers must be on their own line with NOTHING ELSE on that line. They must be font size 12 or less. The converter will remove blank lines so if you want to put blank lines in, fine, but the converter will remove them. The only requirement for our converter to recognize page numbers is that they be size 12 font or less and on their own line with nothing else. It doesn't require blank lines above and below.

Please let me know if you need more clarification.

Best,

Madeleine Linares

Volunteer Coordinator

Bookshare, a Benetech Initiative