[bksvol-discuss] A question of formatting

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 20:18:37 -0800

Hi, all of the books I've proofread in the past put new chapters at the
top of the page. I mention this because the present book I'm working on
has chapters in the middle of the page and I'd like your opinion how to
format this. Here's what I've done so far: After the last sentence of
the previous chapter, I entered a blank line where I wrote in three
asterisks, after this line of asterisks, there's the next chapter
heading which is bolded, and after that I entered another blank line on
which I wrote three asterisks. Is this correct procedure? My object for
doing this is to insure there will be blank space surrounding the
chapter title. Another question I have is how to format a page in which
the Part number, its title, and the chapter heading appears on the same
page. How does one format this? Should there be a blank line between the
Part title and the chapter heading? I'm concerned that the file looks
good when it's checked in. Regards, Kim Friedman.