[bksvol-discuss] Re: A question of formatting

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 10:25:40 -0700

Hi, Mayrie, yes it does make sense to me. I know this is very knitpicky
stuff, but I was sent a message which I wrote down in a folder entitled
"Procedures". I wrote down a bunch of stuff having to do with
preparations for proofreading. One of these procedures dealt with how
pages were supposed to be formatted. It was okay as far as it went but
didn't cover what to do if a part number, its title, a chapter heading,
with or without title, text, etc. appeared on the same page. It also
didn't cover what to do should a new chapter heading appear in the
middle of the page rather than the top. I asked this question because
the book I'm working on has chapters starting in the middle of some
pages and I wished to know Bookshare's policy on formatting given what I
described. I asked other list members about this and it seemed to me
that the one thing I didn't want was the text of the chapter and its
heading getting jumbled up or appearing on one line. Regards, Kim
Friedman.