[bksvol-discuss] Re: A question of formatting

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 20:35:26 -0800

Hi Kim,

What you do is fine except for one thing.  Your chapter headings need not
only to be bold, but in 16 point font if the body is 12 point.  If you have
a part number and a chapter number on the same page, or anywhere else for
that matter, the Part 1, or whatever it's called will need to be bold and in
18-point font, chapter heading at 16-point and body of the text of the book
at 12-point.  If you do not enlarge the title of the book to 20 point, parts
to 18-point, and chapter headings to 16-point with chapter sections at
14-point, there will not be proper daisy navigation.  This navigation is
important in my opinion.

Putting asterisks on the line before and after a chapter heading or part,
will let the reader know that there was white space in the book to begin
with.

Hope all that helps.

Mayrie