[AZ-Observing] Re: Thunderbird Park Star Party

  • From: Paul Dickson <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 01:19:27 -0700

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 19:48:05 -0700, gene lucas wrote:

> Thanks for the tip, Paul, I was impressed by the quick loading and
> quality of the maps and pix (not all the pix are high-reso satellite
> photos), but was wondering how to get the lat and lon values.  I still
> like the grids on the terraserver maps, though.
> Gene
> (17250)

Google defaults to your search request in the URL.  But if you offset the
image, and create a new link for that position, the URL will contain the
Long&Lat values.

I have not tried this, but you could use the hop buttons in the upper
left corner.  Hop east, get the Long value, then hop west twice and get
that value, the real value should be the average.  Or if you're math
challenged, hop east, get the Lat, hop back and then hop N (or S) and get
the Long.

        -Paul