[AZ-Observing] Re: The Last Sentinel-Schwaar Star Gaze the weekend

  • From: Sam&Anne <sam&anne@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 17:03:01 -0700

On Nov 6, 2007, at 11:16 AM, Steven Dodder wrote:

> I for one do not look at this as a "good decision".  I first met
> Pierre at Sentinel, and can not place him at any other site in
> Arizona.

I remember my first meeting with Pierre at Sentinel, and looking
through his self-made 20" SuperBigFoot at Jupiter, through his self-
made binoviewer.

Did Pierre EVER observe from the "Antenna site?"

If not, forget referring to Pierre and this site in any way.

He "discovered" Sentinel, and his legacy lives there, not at any new