[AZ-Observing] Re: The Last Sentinel-Schwaar Star Gaze the weekend

  • From: gene lucas <geneluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 06:32:17 -0700

Actually, I believe the incident Paul is referring to, when our friend
and SAC member, Brian Vorndam from Yuma got hit by a train, happened
further east, at/near Gila Bend.  He had stopped his vehicle >on the
tracks< while scouting for an occultation observing site...  Brian
survived the crash.... his telescope and car did not.
Gene Lucas
(17250)