[AZ-Observing] Re: The Last Sentinel-Schwaar Star Gaze the weekend

  • From: "Rick Tejera" <saguaroastro@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 17:41:06 -0700

While I too lament the prospect of not observing at Sentinel again, I do
understand the logic behind the move. I know that for you, Steve, =
Sentinel
is actually an easier drive, but you are in the minority there. While I
don=92t particularly feel there all that much risk from illegal =
activity, I
can't deny it's certainly higher than it would be at the antennas. I've =
seen
several vans of Future Filberto's workers cruise by under the cover of
darkness while there. I doubt they even saw us, and if they did, I'd =
suspect
they'd be more interested in NOT being noticed by us. Be that as it may,
Sometimes one has to accept that change is inevitable.

As Ken points out, there's nothing to stop anyone from observing there =
if
they feel safe in doing so. As for a club event, there are other things =
consider.=20

My policy he past two years has been to trust the event organizers =
judgment.
So far it's worked well.=20

My  0.0346160 Brasilian Reais Worth

Clear Skies