[AZ-Observing] Re: The Last Sentinel-Schwaar Star Gaze the weekend

  • From: Steven Dodder <sdodder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 18:06:50 +0000

Thank you Andrew for reminding me about the Buckeye Hills parties and Pierre's
presence there.  I didn't know him well, but those times we talked or
hob-knobbed were memorable.  I guess the places they occurred were less
important than the chats themselves.  I just associate him more with Sentinel
than any other place, for some reason.  I suppose I should heed Rick's advice
and trust the deep sky committee peoples.  They are quite a capable bunch in
many ways.

Aside from my associating Pierre with Sentinel, it's a major production for
Rosie and I to attend weekend star parties west or north of town.  Maybe I'm
the lazy one here, (though I doubt it), but beginning a 2 day session at 4am
Friday never seems to work very well,  (details are too gory to go into here,
trust me), and driving 100 miles one way for a one night stay isn't smart
either.

We'll try to make it to any new sites selected in the future.  Who knows?
Maybe one of them will pan out, even for us.

Steve and Rosie Dodder

sdodder@xxxxxxxxxxx

Visit my web site at http://www.stargazing.net/Astroman