[AZ-Observing] Re: The Last Sentinel-Schwaar Star Gaze the weekend

  • From: Sam&Anne <sam&anne@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 18:26:53 -0700

On Nov 7, 2007, at 5:46 PM, Tom Polakis wrote:

> But I agree that they should just have a November star party at the
> Hovatter site, which is both darker and easier to reach, and
> divorce Pierre's name from it.  Somehow Steve attributed my name to
> the suggestion that it be called the Pierre Schwaar Memorial Star
> Party or whatever.

thank you Tom for the clarification. by all means, people should have
all the star parties they want; anywhere they want.

but if Pierre never even observed there, then why transfer his name
to it?

otherwise, why not have a Schwaar Mem SP at Chandler Fashion Mall? I
believe he observed from there as much as he did from the antenna